Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random Things

Ok, so there's this phenomenon taking place on Facebook where you post 25 random things about yourself in a note and then tag others to do the same for themselves. At first, I was vehemently against it, but alas, I have given into peer pressure and have decided to post it here. It's like my way of hiding my 25 things if I do it on here rather than Facebook. So anyway, here goes...

1. I love to travel. I suppose that's a given, but really, I love it and want to continue seeing the world for the rest of my life.
2. Living overseas produces the weirdest desires. For instance, currently I REALLY want to sit on carpet and eat Chik-fil-a. I miss carpet, and while initially that makes me feel weird, I really do it miss it in spite of the weirdness. As far as the Chik-fil-a goes, I'm going to get fat on it when I go back to the States!!
3. I walked into an IKEA last week and smiled and giggled the whole way through. I promise I still like women.
4. I am currently in the process of teaching myself how to be a better cook and make things from scratch. The making things from scratch is out of necessity. The better cook is out of a love for food.
5. To go along with #4, I have learned in recent weeks that Americans live to eat and Asians eat to live. You can taste it in home cooking in both places.
6. I sometimes sit and ponder clothes I want to buy when I move back home. Even I agree that this is sad and can't for the life of me figure out why I'm proclaiming this to the world.
7. I'm on a hardcore search for a bookshelf and table. My apartment feels semi-naked.
8. One of the things I want to do when I go home is buy a beagle, name him Pang, and teach him to obey commands in both of the languages I will (hopefully) speak by then.
9. The one person I probably miss the most is the one person I've never met: my niece Kennedy.
10. I'm ready for football season to begin. I find this odd since, in reality, I will probably be able to view less than half of the games.
11. I found out that I can download LOST really late at night. It made me gleeful!
12. If I were to never hear or see a firework again, I probably wouldn't be sad. I've seen enough in the past 2 weeks to fill that need forever I think.
13. I miss Union University and sometimes have to remind myself it's not actually my home. Although at any given point I might argue with you on that.
14. I paid $60 for Crocs 2 weeks ago that are made out of foam and canvas. It's like walking on love when I put them on my feet and completely justifies every penny.
15. Sometimes, when people look at me and talk in their local language, I completely lose the ability to respond in any language, much less their own.
16. Living alone has taught me a lot about myself as a person. 
17. When I have a really bad day I eat at McDonald's. This might be my last choice at home. 
18. I have become an avid blog reader over the past few months. I feel like people say things on blogs that they may never say out loud.
19. I come up with camp ideas for WJBC children's camp all the time. It's like a disease.
20. I do my best thinking on the public buses. It makes it difficult to write my thoughts down so that I will remember them due to the fact that it's not exactly the smoothest ride.
21. There's 1 person in my life who, when I talk to them, most bad things go away.
22. I like playing with rubber bands. I don't remember a time in my life when I didn't. I now realize you're judging me.
23. If I could choose any talent it would be singing. 
24. My favorite drink in the world is Dr. Pepper. I haven't had one since December. I always thought Mt. Dew was my favorite. It's weird realizing you've lived a lie.
25. I started losing interest in this at #15. I'm surprised I made it through!

If you've gotten this far in my blog, I'm impressed and you should probably get back to work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For more TV shows, etc, check out hulu.com.

Ed
FOTB (Friend of the Brassarts)

Charity said...

I am working!!! Isn't this what all stay at home moms do? We sit around eating bon bons & either watching soaps or catching up with old friends at the computer.
Okay, back to reality. You are still cracking me up. I am glad no one is around to hear me laughing out loud. Of course it started with your trip through IKEA, still liking women & ending with the part where we are all judging you. Can we mail you Dr. Peppers? Let me know.
I'm glad you come up with themes for camp - just remember to let us all in on them. ;0) By the way, the other day the boys were looking at your pic on our fridge & Noah exclaimed - I want to go back to Camp Linden. I miss Mr. Nathan. It was so sweet. So then that brought on an entire "discussion" of you & hoping you are having a good day & making lots of new friends. Since then all 3 boys bring you up several times a week. Just wanted you to know they miss ya.