Sunday, November 30, 2008

Liquid Love and Other Great Events

So, here's the story. One week ago from today I found out that I could get Dr. Pepper in my city. It had been a total of 6 weeks since I last had one, and my body needed one. I was really considering becoming the founding member of Dr. Pepper-aholics Anonymous here in my city. But alas, hope was restored and I was confident the week would end with fulfillment having come at some point. 

I wasn't able to go on my search for the bottles of love until Wednesday. All throughout my language lesson I could taste the stuff. I got on the bus, went downtown, and found the store where they were. As I was walking from the bus stop to where the Dr. Peppers supposedly were, I had the same expectation I imagine a groom has standing at the front waiting for his bride to come through the back doors. I could picture Dr. Pepper's beauty, imagine how my breath would be taken away as I gazed upon it, and could feel the refreshment as that liquid love ran down the back of my throat. BUT I GOT JILTED!

As a consolation prize I bought Campbell's cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. I made a fabulous dinner of chicken and mashed potatoes to drown out my sorrows. It was really good, but it didn't replace the longing for DP...I was still hopeful.

The next day was Thanksgiving and was an AWESOME day! We had alot of fun being American and eating and eating and eating. We played games, laughed, and really became family over turkey and dressing! I made a cake and an oreo pie...they were pretty good. Things were going well, until I found out the reason I did not have Dr. Pepper was because a friend had bought them out a few days before. We were not friends for very long.

Then, finally, on Saturday, all my dreams were realized! A friend called from the Dr. Pepper store and said "They have 12, do you want them all?" I only took 4 because I was afraid I might drink all 12 and not sleep again until Christmas. I didn't get them until late, so I put them in the refrigerator until Sunday morning. 

Thanks to justin.tv, I was able to watch the Alabama game, so, at 4:30AM, I was sitting here, drinking a Dr. Pepper and watching the Tide murder Auburn. Can life get any better than this? I submit that it cannot!

1 comment:

Mary Ann McMillan said...

hahaah!i love it! so i have been waiting for you to write again! i am so glad you got your dr pepper! i was really thinking about sending you some...but i went to that store where they usually have them and they didn't have it either..so i would have been a disappointment as well...but they would have restocked..however i am a little jealous of the oreo pie! i crave oreo's everyday and its been about a month since i ate my last oreo..but i am glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving and the game last night even though i am a war eagle fan..but we wont talk about that! but have a great week and make sure to eat 3 oreo's for me :)
~MA~