Saturday, November 15, 2008

Badminton...and Other Exciting Events on a Saturday

I woke up at 8:00AM this fine Saturday morning to go play badminton with some friends. You should know 2 things: I don't do 8:00 AM on Saturday, and I don't play badminton. It was a stellar thing to think about as I fell asleep last night (way too late to actually get up at 8)! But admittedly (shamefully no doubt) I actually had fun. Let me take the time to explain where we played though.

We rolled in to the badminton sporting complex just after 9:00. This place was an old factory turned into a badminton complex. It was about the size of a football field, only a little shorter, and had badminton court after badminton court. I think there were 36 or so courts. When we first got there, there were only 3 other people. By the time we left at 11:00 there were well over 100!! Most of them were men, and a majority of them were playing in their shorts and tennis shoes, no shirts. It was a sight...let me tell you! HAHA!!

The rest of the day was mainly spent in my apartment not doing the things I needed to do, but I did go out for dinner. As usually, my Saturday night meal consisted of beef and tomatoes at the Iron Skillet followed by a lemonade from David's.

While I was walking to dinner tonight, however, I encountered something, that I just hadn't before. There was a little girl, probably around 6 or 7, using the bathroom on the tree just about 50 yards from my gate. I'm just coming to accept that things are just different here!! You have got to love all the wonderful things that you see here that you just don't at home!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Okay so if you are going to fit in - next badminton game that shirt is going to have to fly!!!!
As far as the tree goes - at least you know it's been well fertilized.
Yes I am laughing as I type. Sweet dreams & I hope you have a good rest of the weekend.