Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bad Day turns to Good Night

So today was horrible. This morning consisted of printer problems with a schizophrenic printer that led to me having to go to a print shop to print out my language lesson for the day. Afterwards, language was a complete blast, and by blast I do mean ridiculously horrible. My tutor owns a shop that sells crafts, so I go there for language. It is next door to a framing shop that did not stop sawing wood for the entire 3 hours that I was there. On top of that, the last 45 minutes consisted of them listening to some extremely loud music. As though that wasn't distracting enough, the shop downstairs was grinding away at something the whole time. It was the longest 3 hours. As I was walking back to my apt from the bus stop, I was fairly certain my head was going to burst open and language was going to be unnecessary from that point on. 

The night was great though!! It's my 1 month anniversary, so I celebrated with a 5 piece chicken mcnugget meal from McDonalds. It was delicious (as was the first!). After dinner I walked over to my DVD man Adam who speaks perfect English and always makes the world a better place. You might be asking why. Well...DVD's are 6 "dollars" here which comes out to just under $1!! You can roughly get 15-20 DVD's for the price of 1 in the states. I'm addicted!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

happy anniversary! i cannot believe it has been a month. i loved catching up with all your experiences here. sorry i am just now reading, but i have been just a littl busy lately. i hope you understand. kennedy looks at your pic on the fridge nightly and we talk about you, so she will definetly know who you are when you show up for her graduation. take care and talk to you soon.