Wednesday, April 22, 2009

If a dream is a wish your heart makes...

...then my heart hates me! 

So, a few weeks ago I went to Macau to visit a good friend and take some time off. While we were together we discussed language learning and how it was going for the both of us. He told me that he recently had been having dreams in the language he's learning. I assured him that I would NEVER be at the point that I could actually dream in another language.

Well, looks like I often use the word "never" in place of "really soon." Yesterday, as I was taking a nap I found myself in a dream completely in my 2nd language. There was a conversation going on and then just lists and lists of vocabulary everywhere. I tried and tried to wake up for the longest time. It was like the dream where you are drowning, but you just can't seem to get back to the top!! 

Some have said this is a good sign, that I'm making progress. I tend to think that once again my heart has chosen to betray me... (see Dr. Pepper posts)